Wednesday 7 August 2013

Rimmel's Apocalips Lip Laquers (review and swatches)

Hello world! I'm in love with Rimmel's Apocalips lip laquers and wanted to share my love with you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this product wasn't available in Canada (Toronto) as of recent, I've heard about them from bloggers in the UK and couldn't wait to try these out. I believe in the UK there are 8 ranges of colour, and 10+ in North America. I'm going to review four of the colours for you.

Left to right: Big Bang, Stellar, Celestial, Luna.
I'm really digging the packaging, typically I gravitate towards simple, and classic gloss tubes but I think these are interesting and stand out a bit more from their other collections. The top of the tube reminds me gemstones, and the bottom fades into the colour of the lip laquer which is actually a true representation of the colour. 


One thing I love about these is the doe foot applicator, it's just the right size for a precise application. There's a little groove on front where the product builds up and allows you to apply more product to your lips. 

For a casual look on a regular bases, Luna and Celestial hands down. Luna is a soft organge-peach and Celestial is a soft pink. Stellar is more of a neon pink, really bright and perfect if you want something that stands out. Big Bang is your classic red, another favourite. They're all very pigmented and I think you can get away with 1-2 layers. They have a satin finish but gradually dry more matte - sometimes what I like to do is blot it with tissue to tone down the shine and it becomes a beautiful lip stain. 


The staying power is quite strong, but they tend to fade on the inner lips more leaving you with a liner of colour which can look a little awkward - nothing a little touch up can't fix. I would describe this product as a liquid lipstick as it doesn't feel glossy or sticky to me, it's actually a little runny. 

Over all this is a great product! Lovely packaging, good pigmentation, leaves a beautiful stain, definitely a favourite. 

In Toronto, Canada you can find this product in few Shoppers Drug Mart ($9.99) and Target ($7.99).

I'm going to leave you a link to a detailed video on more of the colours, this girl does a great job describing them with swatches too. (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment